Florida Design Contractors is a specialty construction general contractor primarily focused on municipal water, waste water and environmental construction projects. Our firm was founded in 1979 and is headquartered in West Palm Beach with a West coast office in Bradenton, Florida. We are a rapidly growing and seeking an entry level Assistant Project Manager to work in our West Palm Beach office. This position will expose you to the multitude of phases associated with specialty construction and will reveal the challenging requirements encountered in the field as well as the administrative components encountered within the office environment. If you are excited about continuing your commitment to learning and growth, then come join our family.
A recent graduate with a Bachelors degree from an accredited Construction Management or Engineering program. Relevant field experience in the construction or design disciplines will be considered. The individual should have excellent communications skills and possess the ability to effectively communicate with all employee sectors from the projects management staff as well as the field and the client’s personnel.
Experience with computer applications Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of specialty software for AutoCAD, estimating, and project scheduling.
· Directly support the Project Managers with daily operational tasks.
· Visit project jobsites to document and record progress.
· Procure, review for conformity with Specifications, log and process shop drawings and submittal documentation.
· Recording and managing RFI submissions.
· Material order tracking and delivery coordination.
· Assistance with monthly pay applications and collection of supporting documentation.
· Coordinate with Safety Manager for required field required training, recording and tracking responsibilities.
· Equipment usage tracking and corporate maintenance scheduling coordination with ongoing field operations.
· Estimating assistance that includes identification of prospective suppliers and subcontractors as well as follow-up communications and bid document control.
· Evaluation of proposals and offers presented by vendors.
· Scope identification and control for negotiated project deliveries.
· Preconstruction assistance that includes schedule component development, order / subcontract drafting and mobilization logistics coordinating.
· Document control responsibility that includes management of or posting / distribution of conformed bid documents and all project document revisions.
Salary and Benefits
· Salary is competitive.
· 401k Plan with company match is offered.
· Medical and dental insurance are offered.
· Company Life insurance
· Eligible for paid holidays from your starting date and paid time off accrual from your starting date.
Florida Design is an EEO employer and maintains a Drug Free Work Place Program. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, color, race, age, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability status or other classifications protected by law.