Florida Design Contractors, Inc. is currently looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager for Water & Wastewater Treatment projects throughout the state of Florida. In this position, you will plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction procedures to guarantee they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Become thoroughly familiar with the project's contract documents, drawings, specifications and scope of work. We work on transitioning the project after the bid with the estimating team until you have a complete understanding of the project.
- Develop and maintain the project master schedule using CPM techniques and appropriate scheduling software with input from other project management personnel.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and subcontractors to reach profitable agreements.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Schedule of values, invoicing, and budget forecast.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Responsible for purchasing and procurement.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues.
- Manage document control including submittal log, RFI’s, Addendums, and other contract documents.
- Recognize and perform estimating/change orders related to projects.
- Attend and be active in supporting company internal planning and coordination meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring that the project quality/assurance control program is implemented successfully.
- Client relations.
- Interact with subcontractors to manage the profitability and scheduling of needed personal.
- Assist in managing project engineer/coordinator on multiple projects.
- Proven experience in construction as Assistant Project Manager or Project Manager for a minimum of 3 years.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of Mechanical or Process Construction experience. Equivalent combination of field/office experience, training, and education will be considered for a strong candidate.
- B.S. in Engineering, Construction Management or relevant field.
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, Primavera P6 Scheduling Software, Computer Ease, etc.
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures, materials and project management principles.
- Candidate should have a strong knowledge of the process of water and wastewater construction along with the ability to manage multiple project varying in size and complexity.
- Familiarity with quality, health and safety standards.