Florida Design Contractors is a specialty construction general contractor primarily focused on municipal water, wastewater, and environmental construction projects. Our firm was founded in 1979 and is headquartered in West Palm Beach with a West coast office in Bradenton, Florida. We are a rapidly growing and seeking a Project Manager to work in our West Palm Beach office. In this position you will organize and oversee construction procedures to guarantee they are completed in a safe, timely and efficient manner. You will manage all aspects of the project’s execution. Our goal is to ensure that all projects are delivered according to contractual requirements and within budget.
A graduate with a Bachelors degree from an accredited Engineering or Construction Management program. Proven experience in construction as an Assistant Project Manager or Project Manager for a minimum of 5 to 8 years preferred. An equivalent combination of field/office experience, training, and education will be considered. The individual should have excellent communications skills and possess the ability to effectively communicate with all employee sectors from the management staff as well as the field and the client’s personnel. An in-depth understanding of specialty construction procedures, governmental reporting requirements, materials and project management principles is required.
Description of Responsibilities:
· Become thoroughly familiar with the project's contract documents, drawings, specifications and scope of work.
· Develop and maintain the project’s master schedule using CPM techniques and appropriate scheduling software with input from other project personnel.
· Negotiate contracts with vendors and subcontractors.
· Coordinate required permits from appropriate agencies.
· Preconstruction coordination with estimating team, Safety Manager and project superintendent.
· Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from projects initiation to completion with attention to budgetary limitations.
· Projects overall accounting oversight including invoice review and budget forecasting.
· Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
· Conduct periodic jobsite visits to oversee construction progress.
· Responsible for miscellaneous purchasing and procurement.
· Ensure adherence and compliance too all FDC health and safety standards.
· Manage document control including submittal log, RFI’s, Addendums, and other contract documents.
· Recognize and perform estimating/change orders related to projects.
· Attend and be active in supporting company internal planning and coordination meetings.
· Client relations.
· Interact with subcontractors to manage the profitability and scheduling of needed personnel.
· Support and participate in new project estimating duties.
· Should have a strong knowledge of the process of water and wastewater construction along with the ability to manage long term municipal projects varying in size and complexity.
Salary and Benefits
· Salary is competitive.
· 401k Plan with match is offered.
· Medical and dental insurance is offered.
· Company life insurance
· Eligible for paid holidays from your starting date and paid time off from your starting date.
Florida Design is an EEO employer and maintains a Drug Free Work Place Program. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, color, race, age, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability status or other classifications protected by law.