Immediate opening for a Project Superintendent for a project in Ft. Lauderdale. The project is for the City of Ft. Lauderdale Deep Injection Well Field. Electrical Building modifications, replacement of electrical equipment, site work and minor mechanical pipework as well as architectural improvements.
The Superintendent will oversee the planning, organization, scheduling, and execution of the construction on the jobsite ensuring quality standards and product delivery dates are met. This position formulates company policies and ensures adherence.
- Hire, train, evaluate, discipline, coach and terminate field personal.
- Ensure all personal including Subcontractors adhere to company policies & procedures, including but not limited to scheduling, safety and job scope definitions.
- Source, negotiate rates, and assist with workforce planning of subcontracted labor.
- Analyze the construction project plans to determine construction requirements, recommending value engineering and alternative construction techniques.
- Attend all construction related meetings.
- Review and critique construction drawings, bid documents, and project specifications to fully understand a project’s scope of work.
- Review project plans in order to ensure that estimated materials are sufficient; analyze material usage during initial job setup to adjust material purchases as needed.
- Serve as main contact for job site problem resolution between owner, other trades, inspectors, sub-contractors and employees.
- Work with the Project Managers to insure we are meeting customer requirements (deadlines, quality, safety, etc.) and communicate the progress to the PM.
- Investigate and resolve worker problems independently.
- Perform safety site inspections and implement corrective actions as needed.
- Communicate daily with all levels of management and different branch departments in regards to any aspect of the project.
- Process vendor invoices and contractor applications for payment.
IF you are excited to join a team and an industry that delivers a long lasting future, than this is your opportunity. Florida Design Contractors has been a solid leader in the industry for the past 40 years
Look forward to having you on our team.